Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... }

the battle of the bases

as i turned 23, i made a commitment with my skin:
to protect it, pamper it and cherish it.
it all started with some sunspots getting bigger and darker;
so a BB cream seemed like a good go, all those promises made my heart flutter…
but then one product lead to the other and so on this adventure went.

mientras cumplía 23, hice un compromiso con mi piel:
protegerla, cuidarla y valorarla.
todo comenzó con unas manchas de sol que se hacian mas grandes y obscuras;
asi que una BB cream parecia la opción adecuada, todas esas promesas me emocionaron…
pero un producto llevo a otro y asi se fue esta aventura.


Garnier BB cream: LOVE it… hate the fact i'm too pale for it. it's for oily skin and let me tell you, i had some bumps and they went away after a week; the sad part is i looked like an oompaloompa.
Givenchy BB cream: on the fence… it apparently matches your skin color by magic. on me, it was straight up orange; not something i enyoy.
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua: in Mexico the lightest shade is 20, which is still a tad bit dark for me in summer… but the Garnier one was like a 30-40 so its better. i like the 'my skin but better' finish.
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Compact: it's more comfortable to travel with… the finish is nice but still 20 is a little too dark for me…
Chanel Le Blanc: oh my god!!! why do they only sell this in Asia!!! lucky me i have this but it's amazing… my face looks like it belongs to my body for once… it's shade 10 but with spf35 and a velvety finish… so light weight and i will cry when its over.
[not pictured but tested: Dior Nude BB cream: again shade 2 available here and too dark, loved the scent but too dark]

Garnier BB cream: me encanta… odio ser tan palida para usarla. es para piel grasa y la verdad es que despues de usarla una semana los granitos que tenia se fueron; lo triste es que parecia una oompaloompa
Givenchy BB cream: al margen… aparentemente se ajusta a tu color por arte de magia. en mi, se veia naranja; no soy fan del look.
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua: en Mexico el mas claro es el 20, que es un poco obscuro para mi aun en verano… pero el Garnier es como 30-40 asi que es mejor. me gusta el acabado de 'mi piel pero mejor'
Chanel Vitalumière Aqua Compact: es muy comodo viajar con el… me gusta el acabado pero el color sigue siendo un pequeño inconveniente para mi…
Chanel Le Blanc: Dios mio!!! porque solo venden esto en Asia!!! lo amo!!! por primera vez mi cabeza parece pertenecer a mi cuerpo… es 10 pero tiene spf35 y un acabado de tercipelo… tan ligero y llorare cuando se acabe.
[no en foto pero provado Dior Nude BB cream: el mismo problema con el color no.2 muy obscuro para mi, ame el olor…]

powders! to blot the shine away…
Chanel loose powder: nice for the vanity, terrible for traveling… love it to set my makeup before leaving my house; i use it normally for nights out.
Chanel Les Beiges: no.20 is a good bronzer for me… it's like i've been sun[raped]kissed with a nice glow… no oil control at all.
MAC prep+prime: like it. beware if you are darker than me, it leaves a bit of a white cast… at first it had a weird scent, but its over now…
L'Orèal Nude Magique BB Powder: LOVE it. i was not expecting to like this that much…
hate the packaging though… but it's not so bad i guess. the powder is fine and pale… i can wear it as a setting powder or as a light foundation… if it had spf i would be a happy camper.
Givenchy Haute Couture powder: too dark… too pink. it's shade 3… sadly in my country's counters they dont have the lightest shades… and its a common thing.

polvos! para controlar los brillos…
Chanel polvos sueltos: lindo para el tocados, jamas para viajar… lo uso antes de salir de mi casa, lo uso mas para eventos que para diario.
Chanel Les Beiges: es no.20 es un buen toque de color para mi… es como si me hubiera besado[abusado] el sol dejando un lindo brillo… no controla los aceites para nada.
MAC prep+prime: me gusta. pero si tienes la piel con mas color, puede dejar una película un tanto blanqueosa… al principio olía chistoso pero desapareció…
L'Orèal Nude Magique BB powder: me encanta. no crei amarlo tanto… aunque el empaque me molesta… no es tan malo. el polvo es fino y pálido… lo puedo usar como polvo para sellar el maquillaje o solo, como una capa ligera… si tuviera protector seria muy feliz.
Givenchy Haute Couture polvo: muy obscuro… muy rosa… es tono 3… tristemente en este pais no manejan los tonos mas claros … es algo común.

and my favorite brush: the Dior Full Cover angle flat top…
no shedding, and no striking…
i'ts been over 6 months and my love is still strong.

y mi brocha favorita es la Dior cobertura total plana con angulo…
no tira pelo, y no deja marcas…
van mas de seis meses y mi amor sigue fuerte.

so, remember this is a quest, of a pale girl with the misfortune of not finding her matching shade…
if any recs let me know! [also need some concealer options!!!]

así que, recuerden esta es la búsqueda, de una chica pálida con la mala suerte de no encontrar su color perfecto…
si tienen recomendaciones compartan! [también busco un corrector!!!]

0 comments:

Post a Comment